Keeping the sun from beating down on your windows in summer not only reduces the heat inside but also saves you money on cooling costs.
Apollo’s range of durable Awnings can handle the elements and our extensive range of designer colours and patterns add a whole new dimension to your outdoor aesthetics. You can choose from Canvas, acrylics, polyester, screen fabrics and PVC.
With five different styles of awning, Apollo has an awning to suit almost every application.
- Convertible Awning: This is the most popular type of awning due to its versatility. It is suitable for both ground floor and upper level applications and can be operated either externally with rope, tape or winch and internally with either tape or winch.. Optional hoods are available (16 colour options) to protect fabric on roller when retracted. Apollo’s Convertible Awning uses a 5 sided bottom rail(available in 12 colours) incorporating spring loaded arms for better awning stability.
- Florentine Awning: This is based on the Convertible Awning. It has guide rails connected flush to the wall. Pivot arms can be slid up and down the rails once the awning is out to all more clearance under the awning. This is ideal for doorways and balconies.
- Casement Awning: The Casement awning is also based on the Convertible style awning with double arm system. The first set of arms is stopped by chain attached to wall allowing height necessary for casement window to open outward. The second set of arms then extend the awning down past the window.
- Flexi Fit Pivot Arm Awning: This is a very versatile awning that can be operated either internally or externally and is suitable for lower and upper levels. It can be operated either by rope, tape cord lock, crank and motorised options. The Flexi Fit System allows the fabric to protrude past the end fixing points, making it suitable for fibro and cladded homes where fixing points are limited. The Flexi Fit pivot arm system is also available in slide rail and double arm option.
- Gear Operated: This is a heavy duty awning suitable for high wind areas and wide window applications., spanning widths up to 5500mm and area coverage of 16.8 square metres. Available in motorized option , which can be coupled with sun and wind sensor for optimum control.
- Automatic Lock Arm Awning: This awning has a spring loaded top roller and guide rails fitted flush to wall with standout arms. The awning is adjusted by guiding the arms up and down the rails. It will automatically lock in when the arms are released in a 90⁰ position. This awning is operated by hand from outside, resists high winds and ideal for ground floor applications, narrow walkways and situations that require the awning to be as close to window as possible. Arm sizes from 150mm standouts through to 600mm (increments of 150mm)
- Flexi Fit Automatic Lock Arm: Similar to standard Automatic lock arms but with aluminium components , 3 sided headbox which allows mounting brackets to be positioned anywhere along the width (instead of at end of awning) , the arms can also be positioned on the bottom rail where required. This allows awnings to be installed on cladded and fibro walls without the use of unsightly bracing
- Channel Stop: This awning uses a spring operated top roller and side channels which guide the awning in the drop.. It glides freely up and down and may be locked in various positions. Channels are available in white, Black, Primrose and Mill (can be powder coated). This awning is ideal for verandahs and decks
- Channel X: This is a gear operated channel awning
- Shop Front Awning: This awning is used with J hooks hung from shop awning and is raised and lowered manually with rope. The J hooks hold the awning in place when it is in down position. It is ideal for providing shade to shop front windows , usually covering total width of shop front. Company logos or product details can be sign written to awning, making the shop more noticeable from street.
- Convertible Straight Drop: This awning uses vat top roller and is operated via a rope and spool that raises and lowers awning. This basic system will cover maximum widths of 3900mm with maximum drop of 2700mm.
- Gear Operated Straight Drop: It is recommended for sizes outside the maximum specifications for Convertible straight Drop. This Awning uses a 63mm top and can span widths up to 5500mm. It also gives you the option of motorising awning.
- Batten Straight Drop: This Awning uses a timber batten at the top and is operated by rope and pulley around the bottom roller. It rolls from the bottom as it is raised. This system gives better fabric coverage because fabric covers total width of awning, therefore there are smaller gaps on the sides. Multiple awnings across an area can be linked with zippers making this system ideal of outdoor dining areas. This awning, because it uses a batten at the top can also be made with a slopping top, allowing total coverage on slopping verandahs.
- Wire Guide Awning: Stainless Steel tension wire guides allows close fitting awnings to move up and down on wire guide. This awning system is ideal for widows that require close fitting application and verandahs. Can either be gear operated (ground floor)or motorised for high fitting situations or for your comfort.
- Café: This is a fixed weather protection fabric awning generally used over widows, doorways and shop fronts. Maximum width of 6000mm with a maximum projection of 1500mm (longer projection possible with posts.
- Canopy:The canopy is a fixed awning with an aluminium rib substructure covered in either fabric or PVC and used over widows doors and Shopfronts. They are available in 6 shapes: Rectangular (with 100mm radius cast corners),Dutch Hood (100mm radius corners), Boulevarde (300mm radius corners) Half Round, Elipse and Eliptical.These awnings are ideal as a decorative awnings, great on southern and northern application for sun protection and can be used for rain protection over windows and doorways. The large surface area of these awnings makes them suitable for sign writing, which allows business premises to standout from the crowd.
The Folding arm Awning is the perfect sun protection retractable system for large areas such as decks and outdoor entertaining areas.
- It offers great sun protection over large areas (width up to 16m and projection 3.7m).\
- When not required, the arms retract the fabric back onto the roller and out of the way.
- Available as standard or as Semi Cassette which conceals the mechanism inside headbox when retracted.
- Standard operation is by crank (gear operation) or awning can be motorised and linked with optional sun and wind sensors which will extend awning when sunny and retract awning when wind speed is excessive, giving complete peace of mind.